Privacy and Cookies
We are committed to respecting and protecting your
• The website www.totallywelsh.co.uk or the Totally Welsh app (App) (together, our Site) which is owned and operated by Mark Hunter Ltd, trading as Totally Welsh (we or us). We are a private limited company registered in England with company number 03805020. Our registered office is The Fresh Produce Centre, East Estate Withybush, Business Park Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA62 4BW.
• Any of the services we provide through our Site (Services) including but not limited to when you buy products with us via our Site, or if you contact us or we contact you about our Services; and
• The purchase of any of our products or services placed over telephone and not via the Site.
References to our Site in this Policy applies to the Site however you may access it, including access via our App or whenever you access the Site when optimised for use on mobile or tablet devices
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation, including any subsequent amending, supplemental or replacement legislation, the data controller is Mark Hunter Ltd.
This Policy is regularly reviewed to ensure that we continue to serve your privacy interests. We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time, with any updates published on our Site. We therefore encourage you to review our Policy periodically for the most up to date information on our privacy practices. We will not however substantially change the way we use personal information you have already provided to us without the appropriate prior agreement. By continuing to use our Site after a Policy change you are indicating your acceptance of the revised Policy terms.
You do not need to register to browse our Site, and this Policy sets out how we will use your personal information, regardless of whether you register with us, when you are generally browsing and using our Site. If you would like to register with us so that we can keep you informed about other products, offers, promotions, information and services which we offer and which we think may be of interest to you, then please see the Keeping you informed section of this Policy.
Please read this Policy carefully before you browse our Site and/or register with us. If you do not agree with the ways in which we intend to use your personal information then please do not continue to use our Site.
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
1. Information you give us. You may give us information when you: ·
- enter your postcode into our Site to see if we deliver to your area
or to see what products are available in your local area. ·
- enter your name, email address and postcode into our Site so that
we can let you know when we start delivering in your area. ·
- register on our Site. ·
- purchase products via our Site.·
- correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you
report a problem with our Site or discuss an order or your registration on our
Site or use of it with us.
We may ask you for the following personal information for the purposes of processing payment for purchases made via our Site (please also see paragraph 3 for details of how your payment information is processed) and processing and delivering your order to you:
• your name
• your billing and delivery address
• your e-mail address
• your phone number
• your financial and credit card information
• your contact preferences
• your delivery preferences and instructions
Your delivery address will determine which delivery depot, round and roundsperson are assigned to your account by us.
If you order any specialist products from us such as non-dairy alternatives to milk and/or if you tell us that you have any specific product or delivery requirements relating to your health then we may record this information so that we are able to assist you with your current and any future orders.
We may also ask you for your personal information regarding your experiences with our products in order to provide you with further correspondence about our goods and services. This is optional, you do not have to provide us with this information.
Also see the ‘Keeping you Informed’ section of this Policy for information about how we may keep in touch with you.
1. Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to our Site, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, location data, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
2. Information about your visit to our Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); time of day and products you viewed, searched for or place in your basket; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, devices used to access our Site and any phone number used to call our customer support services number.
3. Information about the products you have purchased including any promotions used, the frequency of your orders and spend patterns.
4. Information about your use of our App, including what device you access it from and how frequently you access it.
How do we use your information?
As a user of our Site, we may use your information in the following ways:
• To provide you with the Services that you request from us (please see our Terms and Conditions of Sale or ask for a copy of our offline terms and conditions for more details) including processing payments and refunds for orders you have made with us;
• To carry out our obligations to you, such as delivering any Services or orders that you have purchased through our Site;
• To check or confirm your identity if you contact us about an order you have placed via our Site or as an offline customer, in order to identify, prevent, detect or tackle fraud, money laundering or other crime;
• To provide you with updates relating to your order placed via our Site or as an offline customer, wherever this function or service is available;
• If you agree, to provide you with information about other goods and services or events that we think may be of interest to you (please see the Keeping you informed section of this Policy);
• To manage your account and respond to your queries, including keeping a record of the orders you have placed with us and contacting you about any payments relating to your account and/or orders with us;
• To remind you about items in your basket that you haven’t yet proceeded to purchase on the Site;
• To use features of social media platforms, for example if you ‘like’ a page or product or share a ‘tweet’ then we may link the information from the marketing features of those social media platforms to information we collect through our Site to help us form a better understanding of your interests and to keep you updated with our products, services, offers, promotions and information (please see the Keeping you informed section of this Policy);
• To notify you about changes to our Site or other ordering process (e.g. offline service literature);
• To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device (computer, tablet, phone or other device). We may use information from cookies and similar technologies to help us with this;
• To measure and understand the usage of our website following the broadcast of any advertising campaigns.
• To create aggregated or statistical data to use for analytical or research purposes to understand and improve customer service, website experience, and your interest in products and services. We may share aggregated or statistical information with third parties for their similar purposes;
• To maintain, protect and improve our Site and our Services, and to keep our Site safe and secure;
• We only use location information in a way that is necessary to provide the Services and deliver the products that you want. If you have not allowed your location information to be sent (through the settings menu on your Device), then location information will not be sent.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use and Acceptable Use Policy or our Terms and Conditions of Sale (including our offline customer terms and conditions) or where we think it appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our staff and contractors and partners, visitors to our Site, our registered consumers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and anti-money laundering.
We may also share your personal details with any person (and their and our legal and professional advisers for this purpose) with whom we are negotiating any sale, transfer or re-organisation of our business. If this proceeds, the acquiring party of the business or part of it, may use your personal information in the same ways as set out in this Policy.
Keeping you informed
We would like to send you information about our Services and the Totally Welsh business based on interests you have shown when browsing our Site, purchasing products via our Site, to identify other products, offers, promotions, information and services which we offer or details of relevant upcoming events which we think may be of interest to you.
This may include (a) information about Totally Welsh products and product information; (b) offers and promotions (e.g. vouchers or discounts); (c) Totally Welsh news updates; (d) your thoughts and/or opinions about our products or services (for marketing research purposes); and/or (e) information and services which we offer and which we think may be of interest to you.
If you agree to us using your personal information in this way then we may contact you by email, social media, phone, SMS or post using the contact details you provide on registration or update us with or which we obtain or update through third party sources.
If you would prefer us not to process your personal information for direct marketing purposes you have the right to ask us not to do so at any time. Please see the Contact us section of this Policy.
You can manage your preferences for the ways in which we contact you when you either: (a) when you sign up on the Site for the first time; or (b) by selecting your preferred contact methods on the ‘Marketing Preferences’ page within your MOO online account on the Site.
If you download our app, we may send you marketing app notifications. You can opt out of receiving these by changing the notification settings in the Totally Welsh app settings on your phone.
We will also store your name, phone number (if you provide one), email address and post code if we don’t currently deliver in your area, and you would like to know when we do. We will contact you via your selected methods. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us, or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you.
• the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
• the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
• the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
• the right to be forgotten; the right of data portability;
• the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which has legal effects for you or affects you in any other significant way;
• the right to object to our use of your personal information.
You can exercise this right by emailing or writing to us (please see the Contact us section of this Policy) to request this.
How do we store your information?
All personal information you provide to us will be stored on our secure servers or those of third parties or contractors we engage to help us run our business. We will keep information no longer than we need to for the purpose for which we collected it. The period of time for which we keep personal information depends on any legal retention period to which we are subject and according to business needs. If you have registered with us then we will keep your personal information for at least as long as you are registered with us.
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and held by us, or third parties/contractors at a destination outside of the European Economic Area that does not have equivalent data protection laws to those in the UK. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the UK Government; or
• Where there are appropriate safeguards in place on the basis of standard data protection clauses legally approved by the UK Government.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, for example when you register with us, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take appropriate measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use security procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We ask you not to put any details that are particularly private into free text fields.
Links to other websites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates including social media sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them (including those linked to your location) have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for the processing of your personal information by those parties. Please check those policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Changes to your personal details
Please help us to keep your personal details up to date by promptly notifying us of any changes, for example if you change address or telephone number.
If you need to change your personal details or preferences at any time please contact us (please see the Contact us section of this Policy) or log into our Site and update your details in the section called ‘My Account’.
Changes to this Policy
We review the ways we use your information regularly and, in doing so, we may change what kind of information we collect, how we store it, who we share it with and how we act on it.
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Policy please address them to:
Postal: The Fresh Produce Centre, East Estate Withybush, Business Park Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA62 4BW.
Telephone: 01437 760166
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the United Kingdom. They make a lot of information accessible to consumers on their website and they ensure that the registered details of all data controllers, such as Mark Hunter Ltd, are available publicly. You can access them at www.ico.org.uk.
Last Updated: February 2023
Who we are
Our website www.totallywelsh.co.uk, including a iOS and android mobile application versions (together, our Site) is operated by Mark Hunter Ltd, trading as Totally Welsh (we or us).
We are a limited company registered in England with company number 03805020. Our registered address is The Fresh Produce Centre, East Estate Withybush, Business Park Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA62 4BW.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. For further information please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we can store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, mobile phone or tablet.
We use the following cookies: ·
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use the shopping cart and checkout. We use a third party payment solution for checkout on our Site so may need to share information with them for this purpose. We may also need to share your information with our partners so that they may help us to deliver your order to you.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We may also share this information with our partners for this purpose.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name, remember your preferences (for example, your regular orders), remember your search settings and remember whether you are logged in or not. ·
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with our partners for this purpose.
Our cookies help us:
• Make our Site work as you’d expect
• Save you having to login every time you visit our Site
• Remember your settings during and between visits to our Site
• Improve the speed/security of our Site
• Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook and Twitter
• Continuously improve our Site for you
• Make our marketing more efficient
• Analyse and report sales data to our partners
• Collect any personally identifiable information or any sensitive information;
Below is a list of all cookies we use on our Site and what they are used for:
the postcode of the customer. It is added when the customer adds a postcode.
the cart information for an anonymous customer that has entered their
postcode. It is added when the customer adds something to their cart for the
user ID across sessions
We will ask for your consent to place cookies or similar technologies on your device except where they are essential for us to provide you with a service you have requested (eg. to enable you to put items in your shopping basket and to use our check-out process).
You can delete any cookies stored on your computer but this may prevent you from getting the most from your next visit to our Site.
You can block or disable cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu. It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
Last Updated: March 2023
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.